Giving to Faith Using a Qualified Charitable Distributions (QCDs)
• Are you at 70 ½ years old or older?
• Do you have an investment/retirement account that the government requires you to take an annual Required Minimum Distribution (RMD)?
• If eligible, would you want to reduce your taxable income
• Do you wish to support Faith Episcopal?
8 Reasons To Put Charitable Giving In Your Estate Plan
There are only three places to leave your money when you are gone – heirs, charity or taxes. For many people, charity has not been part of the thinking, but this is changing. Warren Buffett and Bill & Melinda Gates have created a project called “The Giving Pledge,” aimed at enrolling billionaires to give at least 50% of their estates to charities of their choice, during their lifetimes or through their estate plans. Volunteer efforts like “The Giving Pledge” have been formed nationwide to encourage ordinary citizens to leave a gift to their chosen charities in their estates. It appears a new trend has started, because people who might never have thought to leave money to anyone but their relatives are beginning to think of their legacies in a new way.
Subscribe to Faith News
Keep up to date with what's going on at Faith Episcopal Church by subscribing to our "Faith News" emails. Just provide your Email Address and Name in the box below. If you ever decide to "unsubscribe" you may do so at any time.
Subscribe to Faith News Emails
Faith's Meeting The Mission
Below is a summary the projects our congretation has accomplished:
- Small Toy Collection for the Medical Team Headed to The Dominican of Republic
- Advent/Christmas Donations to Fishline
- Cans of Soup
- KCR AmeriCorps Hygiene Product Drive
- Faith’s Lenten Soup Suppers
- Prayer Warriors
- Great Strides Walk
- Copper Crusade
- Ingathering School Supplies
- Annual school supply support drive